Thursday, July 12, 2012

'Masculine' Birthday card

Now why put masculine in single quotes?  Well, as you can see from the card below, it is not typically a masculine birthday card.  For this I blame the lovely ladies at Sunday Stamps (just kidding)!  Their challenge this week (http://sundaystamps.blogspot.ca/)  was to use basic gray, primrose petals and summer starfruit.  I used this challenge as inspiration for my brother in law's birthday card.  You might think that I'm being lazy in not making him a more masculine card, but I promise, I'm not!  Lee, my brother in law, is amazing.  He is a man's man, but at the same time, he has a very caring and kind side to him.  He has no problem wearing pink (and he looks awesome in it!).  So I'm not settling!!!  I only wish that instead of summer starfruit, I could have used tangerine tango as orange is his favourite colour!
Just as a little local (Ottawa) tip, we celebrated Lee's birthday at Fatboy's Southern Smokehouse (http://fatboys.ca/ottawa-ontario-122311/).  I've been there before, but I have to say, even as a vegetarian, the food is fantastic!
The recipe for the card is below.



*primrose petals card stock (126841)
*basic gray card stock (121044)
*summer starfruit card stock (126839)
*primrose petals 3/8" stitched satin ribbon
*1/8" mini brads (122941)
*argyle embossing folder (127750) - would you believe I was lucky enough to win this recently in a raffle!!!
*pennant parade stamp set (W122740 / C122742)
*petite pennants builder punch (122361)
*itty bitty shapes bunch pack (118309)
*bitty banners framelits (129267)
*itty bitty banners stamp set (W126255 / C126257)
*I used my VersaMark (102283) to stamp the pennant parade stamp


Take care
K8

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful masculine card, they are really tricky to come up with at times! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG how cute are those hats! This is a great Masculine BDay card.. I bet he loved it! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card - love all the texture. Thanks for playing along with Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete