Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekly challenges

As I mentioned in my last post, following my card class over the weekend, I've been feeling quite creative and decided to take the opportunity to try out some of this week's challengers.  The first one is for the Mojo Monday sketch (mojomonday.blogspot.com):



I've been on a bit of a baby card kick lately as I have had to go to a couple of showers for friends.  The products used for the Mojo Monday card are:

*Blushing bride (2010-2012 In-Colors - now retired)
*Twitterpated DSP (125406)
*Velvet ribbon (retired but it was from the last holiday mini)
*Fox & Friends stamp set (retired)
*Pearl basic jewels (119247)
*Crumb cake ink pad (126975)

If you haven't yet had a chance to try out the new ink pads, let me tell you, although I was sceptical at first, they are fantastic!  Even if you only get your favourite colour, I know you'll love it!!!

The next card I made was for a Sunday Stamps challenge (sundaystamps.blogspot.ca).  It is based on this week's sketch.  This challenge site goes between sketches and colour combinations.  Given that we are having very summery weather, I felt that the Mouthwatering stamp set needed to be used!






The products used for this card are as follows:


*Not Quite Navy card stock (101722)
*Brights DSP Stack (117155)
*Whisper white card stock (100730)
*2 1/2" circle punch (120906)
*Mouthwatering stamp set (W125675 / C125677)
*Itty bitty banners stamp set (W126255 / C126527)
*Finishing touches edgelits (127010)
*Bitty banners framelits (129267)

If you have any questions about the cards or if you would like to order some of the products I've featured, feel free to contact me.

7 comments:

  1. hey Sparkle, I got your card all liked up, so glad you played along with us at Mojo Monday. Such an adorable shower card. Hope you have a great week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is suppose to read linked, not liked...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the Sketch.. This is so cute! Great Color Combo.. Thanks for playing along with Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable baby card! I love that set. Sad that it's retired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those cherries! Truly mouthwatering ;) And the ornate scallop edge is great! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent take on this week's sketch Kate! Love the bold colour choices and the detail along the edge. Thanks for joining in the fun at Sunday Stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! You've really highlighted those juicy cherries! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete