Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Birthday card

A very dear friend celebrated her birthday in March.  Together with another friend, we decided to take her and her fiancee for an overnight stay at a swish hotel and restaurant.  I had to prepare a card to present this to my friend, and below are some pictures showing the replica I made.


I used Pacific Point as the card base.  I used my beloved Labels Collection Framelits (125598) for the front.  I cut out a piece of DSP from the Beyond the Garden collection (retired).  On the original, I also tied a piece of ribbon with a bow to keep the card closed.



The first layer of the inside shows more Beyond the Garden DSP on the sides.  The Pacific Point card base has had the corners rounded using the 3/16" corner (119871).  In the middle, I stamped three pennants in Pacific Point using the the Pennant Parade Stamp Set (W 122740 / C 122742) and then cut each of the three pennants out using the Petite Pennants Builder (122361).  I affixed a brad from the Sweet Shop Collection (retired sadly) to the middle and finally strung some Island Indigo Baker's Twine (125575) through them.  I topped the middle section off with the cupcake from the Create a Cupcake stamp set (W 121915 / C 121982) - a personal favourite.  The sentiment comes from the same set.



This drop down section is where I prepared all of the details using My Digital Studio.  I printed it at home and it worked quite well.  Stampin Up! do have a fabulous printing service as well.

I was pretty proud of this card and my friend was over the moon with it.  It actually seemed to generate some more interest in my hobby from others who were at the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment