Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Birthday Easel Card

I get together with three other crafty ladies about once a quarter to make cards.  One person sets challenges and we then have to design cards to meet those challenges.  These women do inspire me and I get really excited about our card days.  So for the last such session, I designed the easel card below to meet a birthday card challenge.  Easel cards are one of my favourite techniques to use because I love the effect it has.





I made the base of the card using the Scallop Circle Bigz die (113468) which is available in the current catalogue.  The paper however is no longer available as it was in the Occasions Mini Catalogue that ended on April 30, 2012 (it was called Sweet Shop and I stocked up on it!).  I think the current Patio Party (126916) would be a good substitute.  The brads were also from the sweet shop suite.  You will see that I cut a number of circles and I used my circle cutter for this.  The 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch (118874) really came in handy for this.  The other punches used were 2 1/2" Circle (120906), Modern Label (119849) (look at the second tier), Extra-Large Oval (119859) (third tier) and the Cupcake Builder (121807).  I can't tell you how important punches are in my crafting.  Aside from the Big Shot they are one of my go-to tools.


Feel free to contact me if you would like more information on how I created this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment